Models and algorithms for health and social care of adolescents with addictive behavior, who use psychoactive substances
Background. The use of various psychoactive substances by adolescents and young people is the actual medical, psychological and social problem, which, unfortunately, has not yet been properly addressed. It should be noted that early diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders that occur the use of psychoactive substances (both episodic and systematic ones) for this contingent of respondents is a very complex issue, closely related to the destigmatization of psychiatric care, the success of psychoeducational projects on microsocial and family macrosocial (staff of educational institutions, social services, general practice) levels. It is periodically detection and early care in the vast majority of cases which have been determined the prognosis of mental illnesses and social consequences.
Objective – based on a systematic, interdisciplinary approach we have the purpose to develop a model and the algorithm for providing medical and social care to adolescents with addictive behavior who use psychoactive substances.
Materials and methods. A systematic, interdisciplinary approach is used.
Results. Trends in the use of psychoactive substances by adolescents and young people will be described in such a way. Most of the respondents when taking various psychoactive substances were mainly in the area of relatively “safe” (1-7 points) or “dangerous use” (8-15 points), but without harmful effects or states of dependence. For adolescents with addictive behavior who used psychoactive substances, depending on the degree of use, we developed a model and the algorithm for medical and social care. Proposed measures were mainly psychotherapeutic and psychocorrectional in their nature.
Conclusions. Based on the obtained data, the study and testing of addictive behavior of adolescents, the influence of social factors, premorbid mental disorders were developed and a model and the algorithm for providing medical and social care to adolescents who use psychoactive substances at different levels of care were tested.
2. Bazylchik, S. V., & Kopytov, A. V. (2012). Profilaktika upotreblenija psihoaktivnyh veshhestv v uchrezhdenijah obrazovanija: chto rabotaet? [Prevention of substance use in educational institutions: what works?]. Psihiatrija, psihoterapija i klinicheskaja psihologija [Psychiatry, psychotherapy and clinical psychology]. № 2 (08). pp. 131-141. [in Russian].
3. Vievskyi, А. М. (2012). Psykhichni ta povedinkovi rozlady vnaslidok vzhyvannia psykhoaktyvnykh rechovyn u ditei i pidlitkiv (klinichna fenomenolohiia, profilaktyka ta korektsiia) [Mental and behavioral disorders due to the use of psychoactive substances of children and adolescents (clinical phenomenology, prevention and correction)]. [in Ukrainian].
4. Tabachnikov, S. I., Lebedev, D. S., Trofimchuk, G. E., & Martynova, Yu. Yu. (2009). Epidemiolohichna sytuatsiia shchodo vzhyvannia psykhoaktyvnykhrechovyn v Ukraini [Epidemiological situation acording to the use of psychoactive substances in Ukraine]. Archives of Psychiatry, 15(1), 81-88. [in Ukrainian].
5. Voloshin, P. V., Minko, O. I., & Linskyi, I. V. (2001). Epidemiolohichna sytuatsiia, shcho sklalasia vnaslidok rozpovsiudzhennia zalezhnosti vid psykhoaktyvnykh rechovyn v Ukraini [Epidemiological situation due to the spread of the dependence of psychoactive substances in Ukraine]. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii, 9(3), 7-9. [in Ukrainian].
6. Vievskyi, A. M., Zhdanova, M. P., & Sidyak, S. V. (2011). Zriz narkotychnoi sytuatsii v Ukraini (dani 2010 roku) [Slice of the drug situation in Ukraine (2010 data)]. Кyiv. 22 p. [in Ukrainian].
7. Integrativnaja kognitivno-povedencheskaja terapija [Integrative Cognitive Behavioral Therapy] http://orgpsy.org/kognitivno-povedencheskaya-terapiya-menu/nabor-prupp-kpt-menu.html (date accessed 23.01.2012). [in Russian].
8. Karachevskyi, A. B. (2012). Kognitivno-povedencheskaja terapija bol'nyh alkogolizmom i narkomaniej [Cognitive-behavioral therapy of patients with alcoholism and drug addiction]. Psihiatrija, psihoterapija i klinicheskaja psihologija [Psychiatry, psychotherapy and clinical psychology]. № 2 (08). pp. 84-89. [in Russian].
9. Linskyi, I. V., & Minko, O. I. (2008). Narkopatolohiia yak variant autoahresyvnoi, samoruinivnoi povedinky osoby i suspilstva [Drug pathology as a variant of autoaggressive, self-destructive behavior of a person and a society]. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii, 16(1), 79. [in Ukrainian].
10. Linskyi, I. V., & Minko, O. I. (2005). Osnovni problemy, poviazani z poshyrenniam alkoholnoi zalezhnosti ta narkomanii v Ukraini, ta shliakhy yikh rozviazannia [The main problems associated with the spread of alcohol dependence and drug addiction in Ukraine and ways to solve them]. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii, 13(4), 8-10. [in Ukrainian].
11. Tabachnikov, S. I., Kharchenko, Ye. N., & Prib, G. A. (2011). Mediko-sociologicheskie aspekty harakteristiki toksikomanij u lic podrostkovogo i molodogo vozrasta [Medical and sociological aspects of the characteristics of substance abuse of adolescents and young adults]. Archives of Psychiatry, 17(3), 61-66. [in Russian].
12. Pershyi bazovyi seminar: Vstup v teoretychni osnovy ta bazovi tekhniky kohnityvno-povedinkovoi psykhoterapii [The first basic seminar: Introduction to the theoretical foundations and basic techniques of cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy] URL: http://www.abctu.org/index.php?option=com_courseman&view=courses&cid=2%3Atraining-for-experts&id=7%3Atraining-experts-2&lang=uk (date accessed 23.01.2012). [in Ukrainian].
13. Burlaka, V. V. (2008). Profilaktyka poshyrennia narkozalezhnosti sered molodi [Prevention of drug addiction among young people]. Кyiv: Emblem. 224 p. [in Ukrainian].
14. Psykhichni ta povedinkovi rozlady vnaslidok vzhyvannia psykhoaktyvnykhrechovyn ta stan narkolohichnoi dopomohy naselenniu Ukrainy (informatsiino-analitychnyi ohliad za 1990-2010 rr.) [Mental and behavioral disorders due to the use of psychoactive substances and the state of drug treatment of the population of Ukraine (information and analytical review for 1990-2010)] (2011). Kharkiv: Publisher Strokov V. D. 144 p. [in Ukrainian].
15. Sosin, I. К., & Chuev, Yu. F. (2010). O narkologicheskoj situacii v Ukraine [About the narcological situation in Ukraine]. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii, 18(3), 174. [in Russian].
16. Ukrainskyi istytut kohnityvno-povedinkovoi terapii [Ukrainian Institute of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy]. URL: http://www.i-cbt.org.ua/ (date accessed 23.01.2012). [in Ukrainian].
17. Babor, T. F. (2010). Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity: Research and Public Policy. Oxford University Press. [in English].
18. Black, H., Gill, J., & Chick, J. (2010). The price of a drink: level of consumption and price paid per unit of alcohol by Edinburgh's ill drinkers with a comparison wider alcohol sales in Scotland. Addiction, 106(4), 729-736. https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03225.x
19. Huibers, M. (2011). Review: group cognitive behavioural therapy reduces depression symptoms in older adults with depression compared with waiting list control. Evidence-based mental health, 14(4), 107. https://dx.doi.org/10.1136/ebmh.2011.100100
20. Lakunchykova, O. (2011). Early initiation of alcohol consumption by adolescents in reconstructed families may be explained by parenting style. Tabacco control and public health in Eastern Europe, 1(2), 89.
21. Wagenaar, A. C., Todler, A. L., & Komro, K. A. (2010). Effects of alcohol tax and price policies on morbidity and mortality: a systematic review. American Journal of Public Health, 100(11), 2270-2278. https://dx.doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2009.186007
22. Wagenaar, A. C., Salois, M. J., & Komro, K. A. (2009). Effects of beverage alcohol price and tax level son drinking: a meta-analysis of 1003 estimates from 112 studies. Addiction, 104(2), 179-190. https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2008.02438.x